Education & Organizations
Insurance protection that’s right for your organization
Whether you operate a business college, daycare, church or charitable organization – you likely have a lot to think about in addition to insurance.
So when you do consider insurance for your organization’s requirements, you can be confident knowing your assets are protected with specialized protection from Aviva.
Protect your business from the devastating effects of accidents, property damage or legal action. Enjoy peace of mind with commercial property or liability insurance from Aviva and be prepared for the unexpected with:
- Property insurance: to protect your physical assets such as building, stock, equipment and computers, including equipment removed from your premises (e.g. at a client’s business, temporarily in transit). It includes standard coverage for loss due to fire, theft or vandalism and covers the cost to rebuild or repair business property.
- Commercial general liability insurance: to protect your organization if you found legally liable for injuries or damage caused by your operation or employees to a third party.
From transporting students to delivering meals to people in need, you rely on your commercial vehicles every day to help run your organization. Make sure they’re properly protected with commercial auto insurance from Aviva. With protection for a single vehicle to a larger fleet, you get the customized coverage you need for your business.
Today, all businesses use some form of electrical, electronic, mechanical or pressure equipment. Think about the impact on your facility if your air conditioner, heating system or even your computer were to break down. With equipment breakdown coverage from Aviva, your business avoids the risk of absorbing the full impact of costly repairs.
Equipment breakdown insurance is available as part of a money-saving package or on its own. Talk to your broker about how equipment breakdown coverage can protect your business.
Every business is different and that’s why Aviva doesn’t offer one-size-fits-all insurance. You can build the right insurance protection for your specific operation which includes coverage for:
- Business interruption, including loss of business income in the event of a covered loss, which could include loss of fees or profits as a result of forced closure or property damage.
- Valuable papers and records in off-site storage
- Accounts receivable that are uncollectible due to loss, including the cost in re-establishing records of accounts.
Contact your broker to learn more about specialized insurance for organizations
Privacy breaches can impact organizations of all sizes. If your organization’s sensitive, protected or confidential data is intentionally or unintentionally released, lost or exposed, you may have to spend significant time and money resolving the situation and restoring your credibility and reputation.
Consider what you would do in the event of a privacy breach impacting:
- Personal information: Schools require students to provide health, identification and financial information and therefore are responsible for protecting it. There’s a risk that employees could misuse, steal, or practice poor behavior when it comes to the protection of data. Any data retained to transact your daily business – such as credit card or personal information – is vulnerable to being hacked and stolen by outsiders.
- Donor payment information: If your organization depends on charitable donations for income, you must be able to accept payment and personal information from donors. If the right security measures aren’t in place to protect sensitive donor and payment data, your organization could be vulnerable to a privacy breach.
- Credit card data: Credit card information is governed by the industry’s strict data security standards which must be followed by all organizations handling major cards. If your business is identified as being responsible for multiple instances of credit card fraud, the branded credit card companies will impose large fines on your operation and it may impact your ability to process future credit card transactions.
If a privacy breach were to impact your institution today, are you confident you have the coverage you need to pay for the response expenses and support services necessary to help you restore your students’or donors’ trust and your organization’s reputation?
Make sure you’re protected. Ask your broker about adding Aviva’s Privacy Breach Liability coverage to complement your Commercial General Liability policy.
These free, downloadable information sheets are filled with tips and best practices designed to help you manage your business more efficiently and protect it from potential hazards and accidents.
Find out more in "Your Guide to":
- Potting Soil Fires
- Surge Protection
- Burglary Protection
- Managing Sprinkler Systems
- Three-Phase Power Protection
- Hoarding Issues
- Winterizing Your Business
- Lightning Protection
- Insuring Your Building
- Maintaining a safe place of worship
- Preventing Legionnaires disease
- Protecting places of worship from lightning damage
- Managing the risk of water damage to electrical equipment
- Unoccupied premises risk management
- Spontaneous combustion risk management